Sunday, October 21, 2007

Neighborhood Matchmaker

I was chatting with a friendly neighbor the other day. She's a little bit of a busybody, and I found that out before I even signed the lease. She seems nice enough though, so we're talking about menial things. Moving in, getting settled, etc and she was pointing out a few doors and telling me about the people that lived behind them. A man walked past us and she introduces him. He shook my hand but didn't stop to talk. He was just a few feet past me when she says. "He's single. Are you married?" I respond in the negative. She then says, "He's single and handsome. Do you hear me Bubba?" He waved that he did.

I was able to end our conversation smoothly and continue on to the laundry room. He was just a few feet in front of me. I said, "Well that was slightly awkward." He smiled, and I could tell he wasn't uncomfortable. I'm glad, but how did it end up that I live next to the neighborhood matchmaker?

No comments:

Post a Comment