Friday, October 19, 2007

Adult yet?

My mom and aunt are in town this week on vacation. This has been planned since before the move became official, but I'm very glad they are here because they are a huge help to me! Wednesday afternoon they rearranged furniture. We met for dinner then ran separate errands. Wednesday night we hung living room curtains and a few decorative items on the wall. Yesterday they went to Galveston as a part of their original plans. Today they are painting, reorganizing my kitchen and storage closets, shopping for some decorative items, moving a towel rod, and hanging bedroom curtains. Tomorrow we are going to the Museum of Natural Science to see the Lucy Legacy exhibit and attending Dreamgirls at Hobby Center.

I know none of what I have posted so far coincides with my title. This is the amusing part. They're sharing my bed, and I'm sleeping on the couch. I have the alarm clock, as they're on vacation and don't need one. Each morning, I have laid there a few minutes before getting up. Yesterday they called out to me to make sure I got up. Today my aunt came and said, "Don't you need to be getting up? It's 5:40." I explained that I got up at 5:00am yesterday because I needed to get to work early. My alarm was going off at 5:45 this morning. "Oh, sorry." At 6:00, my mom comes, "Alyssa, are you going to get up?"

Seriously, people! I get up every day on my own. Promise!

1 comment:

  1. haha... I know exactly what you mean. When I vacation with the rents they second guess everything I do like we have jumped in a time machine and I am 14 again or something.

    btw... I can hear you saying "seriously" in a high pitched voice... LOL

    ReplyDelete