Monday, February 23, 2009

Not exactly what I had in mind...

Last night was a great evening! I was encouraged by friends, experiences, and situations throughout the night. The Lord blessed me through instruction, His Word, music, friends, conversation and some quality time.

As I drove home from this wonderful evening, I was quite tired, but in familiar territory and almost home. I'm not even paying attention, but moreso on autopilot. All of a sudden there are bright, flashing lights surrounding me. White lights. Red lights. Blue lights. (Yes, very patriotic.)

After the usual exchange of digits, Mr. Policeman wrote me a ticket. I'm not arguing the ticket. I'm sure I was speeding. And even if I wasn't, I've certainly sped enough without consequences, that I have no business complaining when I do get caught.

I don't mind helping out the economy, but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment