Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm living in an illusion

I feel like I'm on summer vacation. This feeling makes me stay up late reading, leave work even though there are papers to grade, work out and lay by the pool as if I have all day to do so and agree to late nights out.

Reality is I'm teaching summer school. I am allowed to arrive at work a little later, but I still have to set an alarm. There are papers to grade, lessons to plan, copies to make and no time without children to do any of these things. So, really I need to arrive at work a little early or stay a little later to accomplish the things that need done. There aren't as many things on a 'to-do' list as during the regular school year, but there are still a few things. Working out and laying by the pool is great (and definitely do-able), but I still need to clean my apartment, wash the dishes and do laundry.

July will come and I will get to be a little more lazy, until then I need to realize, I'm still at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment