Monday, January 21, 2008

Revelation

I had one of those "rock your world" moments last night. It became exceedingly clear to me that I have been praying a certain prayer request with zero expectation for God to answer it with a "yes."

In short, I have been looking at God through my circumstances instead of looking at my circumstances through God. I know that is a cliche, but in this instance it is very true.

I have seen absolutely no signs in my life that God has any intention of answering my prayer the way I desire. That may be the case. He may say, "no." However, I have been expecting Him to say, "no" instead of trusting in His will one way or the other. That is wrong.

I fell asleep last night in conversation with Him. I know I will struggle with this again. I know I will need to continue to look to Him for trust. However, I know He will provide each and every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment