Saturday, January 12, 2008

Green Gold

I went to the grocery store last night. Most of my purchases were produce, which is always expensive and really hikes up a grocery bill. The fact that I bought one container of strawberries and one container of blueberries which were not on my list, did not help either. (I couldn't help it! The blueberries were by the pound instead of those little itty bitty containers they usually come in!)

I bought one package of green grapes and one package of red grapes. I didn't need as many as were in the pre-package, and knowing they were expensive right now, I took a bunch or two out of each one. I completed my shopping and checked out. To my amazement, and partial horror, the green grapes were outrageously expensive. The red grapes were pretty high too, but the green grapes were noticeably more so. My first thought was, "put them back," but I decided I really did want to serve them as a part of an appetizer to the guests I have coming, so I went through with the sale, but, "Yikes!"

Let's just say, they'd better dang well appreciate those green grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment