Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'M MOVING!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEE!

I know moving can be exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. I'm feeling all of those things, but I'm also EXTREMELY relieved. The main office of my apartments (meaning the higher ups) called me Friday, and this is how the conversation started. "Ms. Ross, do you have a moment? I need to start off by apologizing. More facts have come to my attention. What do you want?" She was very nice and customer-friendly. (Both of these characteristics were a first!)

After that phone call, a check is being mailed to me to cover a new computer and moving expenses. I'm going to call her on Monday and add the bill for my rug being cleaned as well as the cost of my un-used internet and packing supplies and a few other miscellaneous fees that I will incur upon moving.

I spoke with my apartment manager today to see about timeline and locations. She gave me a list of 5 apartments on the complex, 2 of which are in my current building. Those two automatically came off the list of possibilities. (My ceiling is leaking. Well, those have the same roof I do!) I didn't like the location of the other three (either too close to the parking lot, thus traffic, or too far away from laundry.) I went back to speak with her.

This means I have to move to a slightly different portion of the property...one where all bills are paid! The reason I hadn't moved in there originally is that the rent is $100 higher, and my electricity has never been that much per month. Well, now I'm moving in at my current rent rate, but they pay the electricity! Whoo-hoo! And, I will have 100 more square feet of space!

God is soooo good!

I haven't made any firm decisions, but it looks like I'll be moving the middle of October. I'll probably have a packing party at some point between now and then if anyone wants to come and help me! :) Then an unpacking party later (just in case you're not available the first time!) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That is great news! Why does it always take getting to the higher-ups to get anything done?!?

    ReplyDelete