Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Drip, drip, drip

No, I'm not referring to the rain. I'm not referring to a cold and the snotty nose that comes with. I AM referring to my ceiling! On Sunday, I woke up to a water covered coffee table and soaked papers (mail, school stuff, etc.) I was putting together some centers for my classroom. I had folders, envelopes with small pieces inside and big pieces to tape to the outside of the folders. In other words, a lot of paper!

I had to move my coffee table to an "out of the way" place and spread towels all over my apartment. Then I covered those towels with the papers. More towels and my robe (I'm running out of towels!) went on the living room floor with pots in strategic places to catch the drips. Then I went to the grocery store to shop for a Labor Day event at my apartment. I got home and tiptoed around papers on my kitchen floor to bake the dessert and form the hamburger patties. This was interesting since some of my pots were currently being used for non-cooking purposes, and there was maybe two inches of uncovered floor space in my kitchen.

I knew it was supposed to rain some more, so made the appropriate calls to reschedule the event. When I came home Sunday evening, my ceiling wasn't dripping any more.

The Labor Day activity went off without a hitch. Everyone had fun INSIDE and dry at a friend's home. When I arrived home, my ceiling had begun to leak again.

I almost started to cry.

Most of you know I'm currently in negotiations with my apartment complex for the replacement of my ruined computer due to the last leaky ceiling. I'm getting ready to ask them to move me to a dry, non-leaking apartment.

We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment