Saturday, November 13, 2010

Light at end of tunnel

We all use that phrase.  "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel."  I've used it repeatedly to refer to a semester in grad school or the end of the school year when I know I'm about to be kid free for the summer!  Or really any long term committment that was almost completed.

After I completed the paper last weekend on Affirmative Action, I started to feel as if I could see the light at the end of the tunnel for the completion of grad school.  The problem with this particular time of "seeing the light" is that I started acting, just a little bit, as if I was already out of the tunnel.  I have one more class session, one more short paper, two more loooong papers and one more final.  It's very doable.  But it's still work, and they're definitely not completed.  So I'm not out of the tunnel, yet!

Last night I went to Nutcracker Market with some friends (and realize I'm a bad group shopper) and then over to Julie B's house to watch Newsies with the girls.  We had so much fun, and I'm really glad I went!  It's made today a little hard to knuckle down though.  I've been up four hours and have been productive in that time period, but I'm only starting school work after posting this...which wasn't so much supposed to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I am so there! I did the same with my last class, and I still have 3 left! I let my grade slip in my last class from 98 to 92 because I got a quick case of gradschoolisalmostover-itis. You can do it! Little by little, it'll get done! If you need motivation, we can work together. I am taking School Law, but we can still work together!

    ReplyDelete