Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sniff, Sniff...Mmmmm!

After surgery this summer, I stumbled into bed and slept for a little over two hours. Mom was a gem and ran to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions and Sam's for some food. When I woke up, I smelled something heavenly in the kitchen. She had brought home one of those ready-to-eat rotisserie chickens and was cooking some fresh green beans. I wasn't supposed to be eating much, but the medicine needed me to have something on my stomach heavier than applesauce.

My mouth began watering immediately upon inhaling...even as my eyes weren't quite open while walking down the hall towards the kitchen. I hadn't eaten anything in about 24 hours and the smell of that chicken...Mmmm! That chicken and green beans were wonderful!

I ended up having about three small meals in the span of about four hours...all consisting of chicken, green beans and applesauce. Maybe an interesting combination, but I still remember its yumminess!

Do you have a meal like that? I don't mean a holiday meal...we all have those. I mean a meal that you attach to a specific event and now that item seems to taste even better?

I bought a rotisserie chicken today at HEB. I put all my other groceries away, but couldn't resist slicing off a piece of golden brown deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment