Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Private Eye

I'm a crime show junkie...I admit it. I've never been in to the reality television. It just seems stupid to me. (Can we still be friends?) But the crime shows...I love them! My newest faves are White Collar, Covert Affairs and Rizzoli and Isles, but I also love CSI: NY, NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles. Oh and how could I forget Criminal Minds! Derek Morgan, you are my husband. You just don't know it yet!

I DVR all of them (oh, the DVR...how I love thee!) and love catching up on multiple shows at once while unwinding from a long week.

So yes, I love the crime shows, but I have found myself turning into an investigator in my personal life. I don't mean asking nosy questions. I just mean in general observation skills. I'll start noticing the cars around me and practicing how long I can memorize their license plate. What if they commit some heinous crime and the police need to find them and I'm their only lead!?

I know. I'm a nerd. It's okay. I've embraced it.

This morning a big truck was a little too close to my bumper. There was plenty of room for him to go around, but apparently he didn't want to. I changed lanes and we ended up being next to each other at a red light. I made a point to see it was a RAM 2500, gray in color and when he pulled out at the light, he had one of those attachments at the back with (what looked like) a motor of some sort to run a machine. I couldn't see the plates and then noticed he was turning...into the fire station. So first thought, ok...he's a fireman (um, is he hot? Man! Wish I'd gotten a better look, because there is just something about a man in uniform!) Then I thought...I'd better pay attention this afternoon, because if the fire station has been blown up, I want to let them know I saw something suspicious.

Yes. Yes. I have a sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment