Friday, March 25, 2011

Rock a Bye...

I didn't sleep very well last night, but it wasn't for lack of trying!

I had been getting to bed later than I intended for the past few nights.  God's work in me through Haiti and the readjustment period back to Texas was taking it's toll, and I was exhausted.

I decided I'd go to bed early and catch up on rest.  I was in bed at 8:15.  (Yes, you read that correctly.)

I got a couple of texts around 10:00.

I was awake at 1:15 petrified I'd overslept for work.  Ummm, no.

I woke up again multiple times and finally texted Alison at 3:20 that our 5am walk wasn't so much going to happen.  I turned off my 4:30 alarm...hoping to get some sleep between 3:20 and 6, when my alarm would now be going off.

At 4:30, she texted back that extra sleep sounded good to her and from then on, I only dozed.

I snoozed quite a bit this a.m.  Something I've been successfully attempting to not do lately.  I finally crawled out of bed with a very sore throat (dang allergies!) and feeling a little tired.

Friday is my day to work late...and I depend on that time to stay sane.  However, I am praying I will sleep much better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment