Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ummm, who's there?

I got off work early on Friday. It was a teacher work day and when our work was done, we could begin our summer vacation. This was, of course, ample encouragement to work quickly. :) I was home around 2:00. I hadn't been feeling well the past couple of days and it had been a stressful week, so I poured a glass of wine, turned on the hot water in the tub and prepared to relax. The water is running, and I'm stepping in the tub, when I hear a knock...on my BEDROOM door! Now, I live by myself, for those of you that may just be stopping by and this was a good time for me to have a heart attack. I clear my throat and try to talk in an un-meak way, "Who is it?" With a thousand thoughts racing through my head of what I'm going to do!

As it turns out, it was a friend of mine. She was stopping by to store some produce in my fridge. She'd knocked on the front door and upon receiving no answer, let herself in. (She has a key.) I knew she was coming, but for some reason thought it would be later that evening.

Talk about heart stopping!

It's actually quite funny now, but laughing was not the first thought on my mind while I was sitting in the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment